Shooting Range Disclaimer and Waiver of Liability
Maxon Shooter’s Supplies and Indoor Range
75 E. Bradrock, Des Plaines, IL 60018 847-298-4867 www.maxonshooters.com
I, the undersigned, acknowledges that firearms possession and usage pose serious and inherent danger if mishandled. Therefore, common sense and safety are required at all times. To better assure the well being of shooters, visitors, customers, employees and the premises, all persons on DPE Services Inc. DBA Maxon Shooter's Supplies and Indoor Range (“Maxon”) property are required to obey the basic rules and policies stated herein. The customer will be held responsible for any damage he/she causes to Maxon property. It is unlawful to use this facility with, or for any, malicious intent. Maxon reserves the rights to deny access, products, or services to and immediately remove (without refund) any person: deemed unsafe or a threat to themselves, other individuals, or to the facility in violation of applicable federal, state, county or municipal laws or regulations; in violation of any Maxon rules and policies; and/or unwilling or unable to comply with instructions, directions, etc., of Maxon employees or their authorized representative. All shooters or spectators indemnify Maxon to the fullest extent permitted by law at all times while shooter or spectator are on Maxon’s property.
- All firearms for range use must be unloaded and cased when entering or exiting the facility.
- No un-holstering of your firearm for ANY reason. All firearms for range use must be unloaded and cased anytime you are outside of your lane.
- No uncased firearms are permitted outside of the shooting lane. You may load magazines outside of your range lane, but uncased guns must ALWAYS stay in your shooting lane pointed down range.
- Always treat your firearm as if it's loaded.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
- Always keep your firearm pointed down range.
- Hearing and eye protection must be worn at all times within the range.
- You are responsible for the correct application of your hearing and eye protection.
- No more than 2 persons per range lane.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to use the range. If you are under 18 you must be with a parent or legal guardian who has a valid FOID, or your parent or legal guardian must also be accompanied by someone with a valid FOID who is over 21 years of age.
- You must have a buddy* with you to rent a firearm, or bring in your own firearm if you wish to rent alone. *your buddy does NOT need to have a FOID, but must have a valid state ID or driver's license.
- No persons under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, or who are intellectually and/or developmentally disabled, or who are felons are allowed to use the range.
- No food, drink, tobacco, or gum are permitted in the range.
- Maxon reserves the right to inspect and deny use of any customer supplied ammunition, firearms, targets, etc. The following are prohibited: fully automatic or black powder firearms; armor piercing, tracer, or steel core ammunition; exploding, metal, wood, personal image, disparaging, inciting, or ground level targets.
- If a cease fire is called, immediately stop firing, put your firearm down on the shooting bench with the muzzle pointing down range, and back away from the firing line.
- No rapid firing. Double taps are allowed.
- Never go down range.
- Know how your firearm operates (i.e. controls and safety features); use only correct and reliable ammunition.
- In the case of a firearm malfunction that you are unable to safely or effectively fix, promptly lay the firearm on the shooting bench with the muzzle pointed down range and notify Maxon personnel.
- Shoot at your target only- not range fixtures, equipment, walls, the floor, the ceiling, or other people's targets. Our target carriers are equipped with "StrikeWatch" technology, and repeated strikes to our equipment will result in the revocation of your range time without refund.
- All firearms must be unloaded and cased before leaving your range lane.
- You may collect only your own spent cartridge casings.
All shooters are required to behave responsibly, safely, and civilly. If you observe any unsafe condition or action, please immediately report it to Maxon personnel.
I, the undersigned, my agents, executors or administrators, for the consideration of being allowed to enter, rent, and use the facilities, firearms, supplies, and services of Maxon and for all other goods and valuable considerations, do hereby absolutely and unequivocally agree to release and hold harmless Maxon, its officers, employees, agents, instructors, assigns and successors, from any claim, demand, or liability whether claimed by myself or another arising out of any injury, loss, or disability connected with the use of Maxon facilities, firearms, supplies, and services. I certify that, prior to using the range and all other areas of Maxon, I have read, understand, and agree to abide by all stated rules and policies and voluntarily accept this disclaimer and will follow all local, state, and federal laws.